Our Neurodiverse Recruitment Service
At Exceptional Individuals, we provide a neurodiverse recruitment service, working with employers and candidates to match the perfect neurodiverse people to their perfect roles.Over 10,000 neurodiverse individuals with unique strengths that could benefit your business visit our website and access our services every day. We can advertise your roles, help you target the right neurodiverse people, and match the individuals to the roles that would best suit their skill set and your organisation's needs
What do we offer?
- Advice on designing your roles to appeal to neurodivergent candidates
- Help to improve your application process (neurodiversity audits)
- Advertise your jobs on our jobs board
- Direct candidates we work with to your job roles
- Support your neurodiverse employees if they are hired
These steps can support you to become a Disability Confident Employer
If this sounds like something you would be interested in,
For specific recruitment, follow these links:
What is neurodiversity in the workplace?
Neurodiversity in the workplace is the inclusion of employees who are neurodistinct. These employees may identify with traits of autism, attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (AD(H)D), dyslexia, dyspraxia or other neurodivergent condition. Neurodiverse employees often bring unique perspectives and skillsets to the workplace that can be beneficial to businesses. In order to create a neurodiverse workplace, employers need to include universal design to include those that support neurodistinct employees. This may include creating a sensory-friendly environment, providing flexible work schedules, and offering training on how to support neurodiverse coworkers. By creating a supportive and inclusive environment, businesses can tap into the untapped potential of neurodiverse employees.
What are the benefits of neurodiverse recruitment?
One of the main benefits of neurodiverse recruitment is that it allows businesses to harness sought after leadership traits needed in business.
Many individuals who are neurodivergent have unique perspectives, strengths, and skill sets, which can bring a wide range of valuable contributions to an organisation. These individuals have a spiky profile so providing accommodations and support for these employees can help them reach their full potential in the workplace.
Another major benefit of neurodiverse recruitment is the positive impact it has on workplace culture. By creating a supportive environment where everyone feels valued and included, employers can create a more inclusive work environment that fosters innovation, creativity, and collaboration. This can help attract and retain talented employees while also supporting employee well-being.
How can you make your hiring process more accommodating for neurodiverse candidates?
There are a number of ways that businesses can make their hiring process more accommodating for neurodiverse candidates:
- Identify biases that may deter neurodiverse employees from applying. When creating job descriptions, include inclusive language that indicates that the company is open to applicants who are neurodiverse.
- Make accommodations during the interview process. This may include providing written information about the role in advance, breaking down tasks into smaller steps, or using visual aids during the interview.
- Use innovative ways to test competency and value add for the role. This can level the playing field for neurodiverse candidates who may not excel at traditional interviews but have the potential to excel in the role.
- Provide support and accommodations during the onboarding process. This may include clear processes for requesting workplace needs assessments, accommodations, access to your neurodivergent ERG as well as ongoing training for other employees, neuro-inclusive leadership, and flexible work schedules for those who need them.
Overall, by taking steps to make your hiring process more accommodating for neurodiverse candidates, you can attract a more diverse range of applicants and create a neuro-inclusive environment where everyone can feel valued, belong and connected.
By adopting these strategies, businesses can create a more inclusive hiring process that is accessible to neurodiverse candidates. This can help level the playing field and open up new opportunities for talented individuals who may otherwise have been overlooked. By supporting neurodiverse employees from the start, businesses can create a more inclusive environment that helps everyone succeed. Not sure where to start on your neuro-inclusive hiring journey? Contact us to explore how we can help you with your neurodiverse recruitment goals.